1. How does Rollet work?
To use Rollet, you need to download the app and go through a quick, one-time registration process. Once your contact information, license plate, and credit card is stored, you’ll be able to park and pay seamlessly, just by driving through.
Rollet’s cutting edge vehicle identification technology enables any car to be recognized and identified at payment-grade security in under 2 seconds, so you don’t have to deal with parking tickets.
2. Do I need internet connection to use Rollet? What happens if my phone’s battery dies?
You only need an internet connection when you register with Rollet. When parking, you don’t even need your phone on, as your car identifies itself with Rollet’s computer vision cameras. No phones needed!
3. How is the parking fee calculated?
Rollet is free to use, you only have to pay for the exact parking fee. When you drive out of the parking lot, Rollet identifies your vehicle and stops the parking meter. Parking fee is calculated by the time of your stay and the parking facility’s fee table.
4. What smartphones can I use Rollet with?
Rollet runs on any Android (version 4.4 or higher) and iPhone (version 10 or higher) smartphone.
5. Where can I download the app?
You can download the Rollet app for free in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
6. Why is it required to take verifying photo of your vehicle?
We recommend you to take a verification snapshot of your car(s) in order to see the exact location and time of parking sessions. We require this step for privacy protection purposes.
7. Who can see my credit card data and how does Rollet ensure the safety of my data?
Credit card details are stored and charged through OTP Bank’s systems, ensuring its safe handling. Your credit card information is not accessible by Rollet or parking facility operators.
8. Why is the deposit required?
Registration is free, but a HUF 1900 deposit is required to enable lightning fast drive-throughs without waiting for card transactions. Payment card transactions can take up to 10 seconds to complete – that’s a lot of time when you’re trying to leave a parking lot, so the deposit enables Rollet to charge your card only once you’ve already left. Of course, if you ever decide to cancel your Rollet account, your deposit will be refunded in full.
9. Is a credit / debit card required to use Rollet?
Since seamless drive-through payments are charged to payment cards, having a registered credit or debit card is indeed required.
10. How much does it cost to park with Rollet?
Parking with Rollet is based on the fees of the given parking lot. Rollet is free to use, however, and does not charge handling or convenience fees.
11. Is there a maximum time for parking?
Rollet doesn’t impose any limits, it’s entirely up to you how long you want to park your car for. Rollet simply charges the parking fee when you leave.
12. Can I only use Rollet as a private individual, or as a business account as well?
You can register to use Rollet as either a private person or a company, which allows you to register your company car or fleet as well.
13. How can I ask for a VAT invoice?
Rollet sends receipts of your payments by default. To switch to VAT invoices for your business, simply add your billing details in the app under Profile / Billing address.
14. Can several cars use one Rollet account?
Yes, several vehicles can park simultaneously with the same Rollet account. In this case, the parking fees are deducted from the same credit card registered in the account.
15. Can I use Rollet only by car or can I register other vehicles as well (e.g. commercial vehicles, buses, motorcycles, etc.)?
Rollet manages cars and commercial vehicles (such as minibuses, trucks, buses etc.), but unfortunately, the registration of motorcycles is not available yet.
16. Where can I ask for help if I have an issue?
Our team is happy to help any time of the day! If you have an issue, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with us through the in-app chat. There are no silly questions, feel free to write us, whatever your reason is!